Information regarding operational status during the COVID-19 outbreak UPDATE 2
Dear valued customer/student,
Further to our previous correspondence last week we would like to advise of some changes to our operational .atus in line with the late. government instructions.
Under the Mass Gatherings Direction (2), Section 9.
9.i. the total number of persons present in the single undivided indoor space at the same time, which is an indoor space accessible to the public, does not exceed one person per 4 square metres
Further to this section there is an exemption for certain businesses and facilities under section 10.
10. A mass gathering does not include a gathering:
(k) at a school, university, educational institution or childcare facility that is necessary for the normal business of the facility;
- Sharp5 sits within the educational institution category as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Given the current evolving situation our high priority is still the wellbeing of our staff and students and so while we are technically exempt, we are applying the necessary social distancing measures as of today 23rd March. What this means is the following measures are now in place:
- All our course programs will now be capped at maximum 8 students within our training facilities to accommodate the 4 per square meter per person measure
- Any off-site courses booked by customers, will also accommodate this rule, with a determination on student volume dependent upon the size of the facility to determine appropriate student numbers
- Student breaks will be staggered to reduce the likelihood and number of students in the common areas of the facilities
- All hand contact items such as biscuits and mentos have been removed and tea, coffee and sugar will be replaced with single serve sachet items
- Our common area benchtop and desktop surfaces being cleaned thoroughly prior and after each student break and our premises are cleaned by professional services each night
We continue to apply the previously implemented measures.
- Monitoring the fitness for entry requirements upon entry to our facility by our administration / reception staff
- Discussion of the fitness for entry requirements at course commencement by the trainer with students
- Dissemination of the health / hygiene requirements throughout our facilities on flyers within our reception,
classrooms, ablutions and kitchens, including hand wash, sanitise, tissues, paper towel readily available
We are working with our customers should they have any concerns regarding student attendance. Should there be a need for a student or customer to postpone or cancel a course at this time, Sharp5 will waiver all cancellation fees.
Should you require room hire to accommodate up to 8 persons to work or have a meeting due to restrictions within your own facilities please contact our staff for room availability in both Mackay and Moranbah training centres.
Again, thank you for your understanding and giving attention to this important matter.