WHITE CARD – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
The General Construction Induction card provides new and existing workers with the basic understanding and knowledge needed to start or continue work within the building and construction industry.This card was formerly known as a blue card.
Part 6.5, Division 1, Section 317 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, states:
- A person conducting a business or undertaking must not direct or allow a worker to carry out construction work unlessand
- the worker has successfully completed general construction induction training
- if the worker completed the training more than 2 years previously—the worker has carried out construction work in the preceding 2 years.
- The person conducting the business or undertaking must ensure thator
- the worker holds a general construction induction training card
- if the worker has applied for but not yet been issued with a general construction induction training card, the worker holds a general construction induction training certification, issued within the preceding 60 days.
To hold a general construction induction card you must show knowledge of:
- occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- the basic principles of risk management and injury and illness prevention in the construction industry.